The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Need some advice. I am not exactly novice but trying to stabilize the high light, high tech setup.
1) Having hard time keeping erio cinereum manageable. They grow like weed and put stalks out regardless of me removing them. I gave up just to see what happens. It is mentioned in multiple sources that if not removed the plant will die off which is not what I want. :) Also they look a lot less bushy when trying to flower. I had like 12 plants from a tissue cup and in a month or so they started putting those stalks out. I did split and replant them, but the new stalks started without even the roots maturing. If they can not be managed I’ll probably propogate sieboldianum ( in the rear) as I am not a fan of ripping them off every 2nd day. Also the leftovers from stalk starts melting.
Can the pant be trimmed like hairgrass?

2) Buces will grow significant amount of algae. I can spot treat them to some extent but should you cut the most affected leaves off? Takes a while to grow those leaves so trimming seems like a set back. They seem to flower constantly here and there so should be healthy I guess.
3) Algae on driftwood. I did dial down the light intensity and fertz dosing and algae growth seemed to stop but it is not dying off. I am treating with peroxide whatever is exposed at water-change but the wood is never shown. Seems impossible to scrape off. Shrimp and fish like it but I would like to be able to see driftwood.

Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry if you don't understand what I'm writing, I don't speak English well

do not let the flower stems grow in the Eriocaulon, remove them no longer see them since the eriocaulons will invest all their energy in the flower stems and then die.

It is not necessary to cut the affected leaves of the Bucephalndra, apply 2% glutaraldehyde directly to the affected leaf, you must do it with the filters off for 1 minute

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if you don't understand what I'm writing, I don't speak English well

do not let the flower stems grow in the Eriocaulon, remove them no longer see them since the eriocaulons will invest all their energy in the flower stems and then die.

It is not necessary to cut the affected leaves of the Bucephalndra, apply 2% glutaraldehyde directly to the affected leaf, you must do it with the filters off for 1 minute
Thanks a lot. Will give a try to 2% glutaraldehyde.
New flower stems will always pop up even if you remove old ones. Is there a way to prevent this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts