The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does excel melt erio blood vomit? I've gotten this plant from two different sellers. The first seller it arrived fine and I dose excel in my tank and it's growing dandy. The second seller, the plant arrived and melted shortly afterwards. I'm very confused, can't tell if it's a problem on my end or the sellers end.

I have the plants from both sellers growing side by side in a tank with pressurized co2 and I dose excel (i underdose the recommended amount) and spot treat to keep algae at bay. The first erio is doing just fine and growing well. I actually spot treated the first erio with excell to get rid of some algae that was growing on it and nothing bad happened. The ones I got from the second seller died and melted. He agreed to reship them again and I'm seeing the same thing. How well does this plant ship??? The erio from seller #1 came super healthy looking and all green but the ones from seller #2 look very tired/a bit translucent. Any help?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
No, shouldn't matter. Algae already present doesn't matter either. Ships fine.

Anyway, it's not an Eriocaulon or even close to it, really. It's most likely a Trithuria. Can we please stop using that common name? It's inaccurate and disgusting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts