The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
looking to setup a new 180 6x2x2. Upgrading from a 58. For lighting I have a 36in 96x2 pc and 48in t5 54x2. Planning to use my pressurized co2 from the 58 but running it through a Rex reactor hooked up to a eheim 2028 instead of a diffuser. Will also be running a marineland c360 canister.

I know the lighting might look funny but I'm trying to use equipment I have. Will this be enough lighting for more light demanding plants? Do you guys think the co2 setup will sufficiently distribute the co2 in a 180? What about filtration?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I can relate to wanting to use the equipment you already have. I think you can make a tank work with what you have. The filtration should be fine as long as you are not overly heavy on your bioload, probably wouldn't be a good discus setup. As for co2 distribution, you will need to think about your circulation route. With two filters, it would be easy to create two separate water circuits, one one each end. As long as the water circulates through the whole tank, a rex reactor should work well for you.
The lights are probably your biggest sticking point. Your 36in has so much more light than your 48in. If you put one on each end, you would have good lighting on one end and low light on the other, plus 1 foot of really high lighting. This might be one area to spend a little money. If you can sell your 48" and get a matching 36", I think you would be much better off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts