The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i swap out the color max bulb in it for another 6.7k bulb too. or maybe buy 2 of these fixtures?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say medium which is a great place to be.

kk, ill have to build a hood that i can put that in or pay out the ass to cover the top with some plexiglass, gotta love kids... with the 1 bulb i have, my cabomba,wisteria,anarachis or w/e its called and my baby tears are doing great, though the others arent so well

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the Aqueon Triple Tube T8. It's a good match for medium/low light in a 55 gallon.

Buy the Twin Tube Versa Tops too. They are wider than the regular Versa Tops and fit the Triple-Tube fixture.

You could use the Aqueon Dual T5NO fixture. Not as bright as the Triple Tube T8, I've seen both in action. The Aqueon T5NO is sleeker design though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Aqueon Triple Tube T8. It's a good match for medium/low light in a 55 gallon.

Buy the Twin Tube Versa Tops too. They are wider than the regular Versa Tops and fit the Triple-Tube fixture.

You could use the Aqueon Dual T5NO fixture. Not as bright as the Triple Tube T8, I've seen both in action. The Aqueon T5NO is sleeker design though.
ok i made my min up about going with the triple tube t8's, my question is (newb question) should i put 3 6700k bulbs in it? whats the 6700k mean? a scale for the spectrum of light or something? so would 3 of the same rating be the same as having 1 of them? or should i put like a 5500 6700 and w/e is higher or what, not sure how the whole (number scale thing works)

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok i made my min up about going with the triple tube t8's, my question is (newb question) should i put 3 6700k bulbs in it? whats the 6700k mean? a scale for the spectrum of light or something? so would 3 of the same rating be the same as having 1 of them? or should i put like a 5500 6700 and w/e is higher or what, not sure how the whole (number scale thing works)
The 8000K bulbs it comes with are actually pretty good. I'm currently running a mix of 6500K, 8000K, 5500K. (I bought some 5500K and 6500K Philips bulbs from Home Depot.)

The spectrum is is more an aesthetic choice than anything, but generally plants will do well in the 5000K to 10000K range.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 8000K bulbs it comes with are actually pretty good. I'm currently running a mix of 6500K, 8000K, 5500K. (I bought some 5500K and 6500K Philips bulbs from Home Depot.)

The spectrum is is more an aesthetic choice than anything, but generally plants will do well in the 5000K to 10000K range.
yeah the one i have right now i think is 10,000k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts