The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 150 that is heavily planted and pretty heavily stocked (2 - 3 dozen each cardinals, rummies, and blood fins; 10 small redline torpedo barbs; 10 full grown split tail rasboras - 5" to 6" each; and a clean up crew of SAE's and otos).

I run 3 x 2217's and a small eheim powerhead.

After recently adding the rasboras, there is quite a bit of crap floating around in the tank. Although it can't really be seen from 4 or 5 feet away, if you get up on the tank it is very visible. I also have a bunch of crap on the anubias leaves, etc. Any suggestions on cleaning up these floating particles and better filtering the tank? Thanks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Depending on what you have in your eheims you could take one and fill it with 2 sponges and then stuff it the rest of the way with filter floss to dedicate it solely to particulate removal.

Aquaclear also makes a quickfilter attachment for their powerheads that is supposedly able to filter down to 3 microns.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You could have dead spots of circulation which prevents waste from reaching your filters. Also watch what your feeding and make sure a lot of it isn't going uneaten. Siphon out the crap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts