The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have recently discovered that at least 3 of my shrimp are berried. I am very excited to have little shrimplets everywhere. But I am wondering if my plant coverage is enough to keep them safe from my big pink female betta. She'll look at the shrimp and sometimes swoop down at them when bored. But I've never seen her actually try to bite any.
I've also had a few random shrimplets appear out of nowhere and most have made it to a bigger, safer size. Has anyone had success with breeding shrimp and a betta?
My tank is a 10 gallon and quite well planted. I do eventually want to add a big structure in the middle. TIA!

I dont know how to add pictures, apologies.
ETA I think I got it...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!
I have 5 cholla wood tunnels in there but would definitely like more moss. I also have a coconut hide i haven't yet decided if I want to put in due to my concerns of hiding more snails than shrimp. (If anyone knows the best way to get rid of snails, I'm all ears).
Think I'll order more moss today though, thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.