The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently setting up a new 40 gal breeder and am using aquasoil amazonia as the substrate since I had one leftover 9L bags laying around. I also am moving 9L of aquasoil from a 20gal that I am tearing down making a total of 2 9L bags for the 40B. I feel like another 9L bag would be beneficial, but there are no stores in town that carry any aquasoil meaning I would have to order one more bag online. It may not be worth it to me to pay shipping to order just one bag.

Would the two 9L bags be enough for the tank or is it recommended that I just dish out the extra money to get a third bag.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the picture references, they were pretty helpful. I the 2 9L bags I had into my tank and it only allowed about a 1.5 in depth for the shallow parts and 2 inches for the slopes, so I just dished out the money to order another bag :p. Guess the CO2 setup will have to wait D:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.