The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ~30 endlers in a 40 long and most of them like to hang out at the surface towards the rear of the tank behind the spray bar.

Is this normal and is it because there is no flow back there?

Should I have dead spots in teh flow like that or should I drill some small holes in the back of the spray bar?

Any ideas.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had them about a month, but they are brand new to this tank. That must be it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I keep mine with barely any flow they like still water better. I have them breeding like crazy in a 14g without any filteration ;) also had them in my 29g with a 10g HOB filter that you would get from wal mart and ended up with hundreds of endlers. I moved them to a 10 and 14 jus cause it got out of control!! Now I sport breed them to what I want. Do you keep any other fish with them or plan too?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far I have the 30 Endlers. 14 neon tetras. 2 ottos. And about 50 fire red shrimp. Will be heavy with plants. MTS topped with Eco Complete and psi CO2.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well I would just slow down the flow or create some dead spots for them. Endlers are survivors they will prolly adapt to the tank quickly, they jus need some where to chill every once in awhile. Kinda like a betta in a big tank with canister filters. And if you still havent added the plants, that will cut the flow as well when you do.

But sounds like your on the right track especially with all that room they have. Once it gets heavily planted your population of them will get prolly blow up! :) Lots of hiding places for fry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.