The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
A thread I created this morning on EOTD
I don't have videos of EOTD, because as some pondering and some fellow PT members helped me to realize, there is no such thing as a tank dump, its simply that the flow/pressure(haven't figured out what yet, I believe its flow, but everyone else is saying pressure)changes, and if your co2 levels are near the limit of what your fish can handle, the subtle variation is often enough to kill them.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
don't forget the cats and dogs living together! it's horrible
Yeah, I also heard that the Democrats will take away all your money and give it to the poor, socializing your remaining aquarium(s) for the people.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm kind of concerned. I'm using a 20 oz paintball co2 set up. What's the protocol to print dumps ad what not? Is this really common? Dont mean to sound crazy. Just a little concerned. Lmao.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm kind of concerned. I'm using a 20 oz paintball co2 set up. What's the protocol to print dumps ad what not? Is this really common? Dont mean to sound crazy. Just a little concerned. Lmao.
LOL dont concern yourself with a "dump" from a paintball setup. There isnt enough pressure.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I use an old Dupla 400 regulator with only a low pressure gauge and I try to keep the tank full to avoid the EOTD, I use Aquarix aquarium software to keep a 50 day schedule for my 5 pound CO2 tank. In the past I've used the Dupla 400 in tank reactor and I currently use AP.com's CarbonDoser EXT5000 external reactor, but with either I have let the CO2 go too long and my experience with the EOTD have not been violent and I've never experienced any fish death.

Maybe it's the size of my tank (150) or the way the Dupla regulator functions but even with sensitive species like fresh water clams I've had no deaths and the EOTD really goes un-noticed except for slowed plant growth. At the time I purchased my Dupla CO2 kit there was not very much available in the CO2 line up and Dupla was top of the line if you could find it for sale in the US, this could also explain why my EOTD is so un-eventful.

To be honest the only CO2 explosions I've heard about were from DIY yeast bottles, etc. and if you think about it how could the EOTD blow up a fish tank, the gas would just bubble out at the water suface without it being a sealed system there is no way for a tank to get damaged.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The manufacture of my regulator says it takes a dump at 40 psi....its just a cheap single stage on a 10lb tank. Im just curious as to how much volume that is. I don't plan on ever letting it go that long before i get a refil....im gonna gave to make a video of this I have a spare 10 gallon tank I might let it dump just for a science experiment and measure the co2 levels.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
The eotd is a term that is used to describe what happens when a co2 tank is low in pressure. The co2 rate that is being injected into the aquarium will double, maybe even triple once the co2 tank reaches the end. It won't put a pound of co2 into the aquarium, but it will be more than originally needed. If you have your needle valve set at 2 bps, it might go to 4 bps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.