The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Are these real?
15,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am discontinuing one of my tanks. It is a ~135gal very low (almost no) tech setup with hard water and not much in terms of ferts or CO2.

I can make it two big packages, containing large amounts of

Crypt wendtii 'Green'
Crypt wendtii 'Bronze'
Anubias
Hydrocotyle sib.
Vallisneria
Echinodorus 'Kleiner Baer' (1 plant)

(There will be other plants mixed in, like mosses, pellia, mini pellia, riccia etc)

Here is an older picture of the tank:

This is one of the Kleiner Baer swords, it is very, very red right now (due to low ferts). Please note that this cultivar potentially grows very large in "high tech" tanks.

There are two catches:

1) The tank has been somewhat neglected, and there is some hair algae in it. However, I believe that most algae is ubiquitous, that is, present in many places without having the specific conditions to take over. And vice versa, adding algae that thrives under certain conditions into a different environment almost always kills them. Have you ever tried to grow certain alga? Can be very difficult. In any case, if this concerns you, the package is not right for you.

2) This package is for someone in need of a lot of plants. So someone who can link me to a post that states that a new, large tank is in progress and needs some serious plant mass will be preferred.

The tank has also snails (mostly pond snails), so they could be hitchhiking. As well as oodles of Cherry shrimp, which most likely won't make the trip alive, but it has happened before.

$9 pp covers shipping the priority box.

So, I will pick some recipient based on how large and empty their tank is. Lmk if there are questions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I've decided to try my hand at planting my RBP tank. It's completely bare, really interested in your crypts. If the hitchhikers and algea are safe for my Piranhas I'd love to buy the crypts. Please feel free to PM but I am new to this site.

Thanks

Also would love to attach some Anubias to my 4ft drift wood.

·
Registered
279 Posts
would be interested in some plants, but don't need a ton. I started a 20 gallon three section shrimp tank that right now only has a little subwassertang. Had some nice christmas moss but it became infected with some green stringy algae-not hair algae, I'm not sure what it is, but it attacked all of the plants and cholla wood so the only way to get rid of it was to get rid of the plants and wood. I also hav ea 65 gallon African Clawed Frog Tank. It is bare bottom and has 4 silver dollars that have eaten my java fern to almost stubs...guessing maybe there is nothing they won't eat???

·
Are these real?
15,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it is lunchtime somewhere, and from the multitude of worthy contenders I picked

Nubster (only one who provided a link to an existing thread for an existing tank) and
gonzo (who clearly needs some green to balance all that blue)

I am sending you guys a PM.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! And perfect timing as my reg. arrived in the mail today...and hopefully my lights will get here this week too. I will certainly post up pics in my thread. Thanks again and hopefully once I get to the point of having to trim...I can return the favor to someone else.

Thanks again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts