The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recenty I lost all of my fish because I bought a couple of rams from a store I had never bought fish from before and didn't quarantine them. Lesson learned!

Now my tank is empty and I want to hear your thoughts on what to stock it with. I like the idea of a bunch of small fish that will school or shoal but want atleast some variety so species only is out unless something great is out there.

Option A: Basicly what I had before. 8-12 Cardinal Tetras, a pair of apistos or GBR, Ottos and maybe some shrimp. It took some work getting my water right for the Cardinals but they were doing well. I like the SA theme but I have a chance to do something else so I want to see what else is out there.

Option B: Dwarf puffers, Ottos and maybe some shrimp. I had DPs in the past and they were cool but the lack of color and variety in the tank would be the only draw back. Can't put anyother fish with them.

Option C: You tell me! Like I said I like the idea of a shoal of small fish and a couple of slightly larger "center peice" fish. I had ottos for clean up crew but I am open to anything. I don't have the room for a pleco or anything but I hear there are dwarf corey cats and the like.

I have good lighting, an eheim 2236, eco complete and lots of drift wood. I am willing to taylor the plants to the fish.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
A whole whack of ember tetras, or a whole whack of CPD's. But just one of them. I think this always looks good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call on the ember tetras! I may go with them and some apistos or something.

I have only seen the CPD's in one store and I wasn't taken with them. They hid out in the plants and looked grey and dull unless you could get an up close look at them. Still not off my list but I want to see what else is out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts