The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can any expert help confirm if these are true SAEs? They're supposed to be..

I also ordered in some emperor tetras but they turned out to be a lot bigger than I thought.

Anyone want some?
emperor tetras all gone
$7 for the SAE.

I have about 8 SAEs

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, another good tip!

consider the tetras yours. I work from home most of the time so you're welcome to set up a time to stop by during the weekday, or sometime on the weekend. I am busy Saturday 9:30AM and on, so before then is ok. Sunday I'm free before 11AM and after 5PM until game of thrones is on.. :0 feel free to pm me

·
Registered
357 Posts
True SAEs for sure. And they're small not fat and lazy and accustomed to fish food lol.

And you got the nice emperors, palmeri emperors have so much more going on for them colour wise than the Keri emperors.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
If you get the emperors at that price again, I'd love 7 of them - mixed sexes if possible.

Han, if you find you can't fit them all in, you know where I am!!
haha will do!

Han, count me in to please!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
ok!

These are my regular prices. Is it too low? ;/
Not sure but i never seen them until I went to SueD house :) and now you so happen to have them so i jumped! :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Actually the ones you saw, Han, were the Kerri blue tetras (Inpaichthys kerri), which are a little smaller than the emperors but I think they have great color, too.

I also want the Emperor tetra (Nematobrycon palmeri) for my 40B. The finnage on these is quite a bit more flashy than the kerri's. The males have a blue iris and the females have a green iris.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Actually the ones you saw, Han, were the Kerri blue tetras (Inpaichthys kerri), which are a little smaller than the emperors but I think they have great color, too.

I also want the Emperor tetra (Nematobrycon palmeri) for my 40B. The finnage on these is quite a bit more flashy than the kerri's. The males have a blue iris and the females have a green iris.
ohh... either way they both look great! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been looking for some sae's. If it's worth it to ship let me know.
Whether it's worth it to ship it or not depends on your local availability and pricing. It'll cost $40 to ship next-day air and I use u-line insulated shippers, not some scrappy self-made insulation box :) if you need help figuring out if shipping is worth it just pm me.

all emperor tetras are gone, only SAEs are left.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
There was another article that actually went into further detail. There appears to be several variant species in the area where they are caught which exhibit minor external differences. It was actually a great read as you wouldnt think to look for belly spots nor would you notice the difference in scaling...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.