The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes a regular garden soil mixed a bit with crushed root tabs. i made a mud back then but got lazy adding water everyday and the soil hardened. it's fine though as those HC has already rooted.

oh and it grow with about 70% sunlight.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Wow nice stuff! I am thinking about getting a couple soup containers and trying to grow some as well, but its still winter over here so I might have to wait a while before doing it.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'll give it a shot, first I need to get some HC hahaha. I am thinking about trying it with Aquasoil and Soilmaster.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You could also use potting soil, but just enrich it yourself with NPK+T. All the dry ferts we use for aquariums are intended to enrich potting soil, so it should be a breeze. Just be careful, because you can burn a plant with ferts.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Is emergeed Anubias different from submerge? How come you can plant the rhizomes under the substrate when its emerged and not when its submerged

·
Registered
274 Posts
i dont think the anubias will grow as well dug in like that...i think they can grow find emmersed if you just put them in a dish with a low level of water...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CobraGuppy, if what you mean is for the HC, yes there will be a transition from emersed to submerged leaves.

as for the anubias i didn't bury the rhizomes.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anubias leaves don't die if you put it underwater. they die from old age as usually i noticed the back most leaf from growth point die first.

i made a mud and just lay HC n top and put it in a little shaded sunlight. pour water everyday. twice a day is recommended.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Did you use a screen over the HC? I grew HC indoors over the winter emersed, I would like to do it outside this summer (no bill for lighting :D)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts