The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rotala hra takes forever to grow some submerged leaves. Ludwigia super red is slow too but there are some new growth. Rotala rotundifolia and rotala green variant grow pretty fast especially the normal variant though not as fast til i need to trim it every week. This brings me to the question of how do some grow their plants extremely quick. As for ferts I am dosing quite a good amount.

·
Registered
792 Posts
To be honest I find my rotala hra grows like a weed in submersed form if you supply co2 and strong light. The problem is when one says 'slow' and 'fast' it seems to be a relative point of perspective because we do not define what 'slow' and 'fast' represent. I will say that the hra grows faster the closer to the surface (light) it goes and in my case i have a bit that is semi-floating that is growing to excess but my perspective of excess is that it requires very large annoying trim back every 4ish weeks. Not sure if that is what you would consider fast. The bunch that i planted (this is a 40b so the distance to surface is not so great) will start slow (and lacking in deep red) until it is around 4 or so inches from the surface and then it will take off becoming deep red. And so we go in cycles it becomes quite nice in colour but then i trim it as it becomes a mess and then it grows more slowly but is green until.... Here is a picture of the annoying stuff:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I find my rotala hra grows like a weed in submersed form if you supply co2 and strong light. The problem is when one says 'slow' and 'fast' it seems to be a relative point of perspective because we do not define what 'slow' and 'fast' represent. I will say that the hra grows faster the closer to the surface (light) it goes and in my case i have a bit that is semi-floating that is growing to excess but my perspective of excess is that it requires very large annoying trim back every 4ish weeks. Not sure if that is what you would consider fast. The bunch that i planted (this is a 40b so the distance to surface is not so great) will start slow (and lacking in deep red) until it is around 4 or so inches from the surface and then it will take off becoming deep red. And so we go in cycles it becomes quite nice in colour but then i trim it as it becomes a mess and then it grows more slowly but is green until.... Here is a picture of the annoying stuff:

View attachment 1031237
what ppm of each nutrient do u dose? does gh and kh play a big factor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.