The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering why it's growing so stemmy instead of low and compact...

I'm running a very simple setup... for the container in the photo, it's not completely sealed and I add approximately 5ml of tank water every few days...

yubao substrate, 27w 6500k bulb (6-8 hr photoperiod).

I've got a rooted stem in a separate sealed container and that one is growing nice and compact and the leaf structure is very similar to submersed growth.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
just wondering why it's growing so stemmy instead of low and compact...

I'm running a very simple setup... for the container in the photo, it's not completely sealed and I add approximately 5ml of tank water every few days...

yubao substrate, 27w 6500k bulb (6-8 hr photoperiod).

I've got a rooted stem in a separate sealed container and that one is growing nice and compact and the leaf structure is very similar to submersed growth.

Any ideas?
Hi DeeJayA1,

I have had that happen with my emersed growth stems if my light intensity is low. The stems are 'reaching' for the light. Increasing the PAR by moving my light closer to the top of the plants and/or increasing the number / wattage of the fixture usually resolved the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.