The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to petco today to pick up a couple pouches of biochem stars, i noticed they had emersed plants and they had just got them in, for the price i jumped at java ferns and a couple swords.
I know these are emersed, wish they weren't but can't be helped now, my question is can i just throw them into the water and hope they live or is there something i can do to raise my chances at getting healthy plants? i'll be keeping some java ferns emersed for my experiment but I'd like to put the swords in water now

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Planted them, and I love the addition of color to my tank, can't wait for the swords to take hold, had some extra echinodorus argentinensis so i put a pup of that in the tank also, will likely pull it as its in an area where i want low growers

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i can also tell the amazons in the back are emersed, not a big deal to me, getting another 6 pups sent to me will be here on saturday which are fully aquatic, should the other pups not make it, this tank will be much less of an eyesore with the vast amount of green the swords will bring, plus i love trimming and doing tank maintenance so swords for me were the way to go

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have no experience with swords, but all of the tubed java fern I got from them didn't have any die off besides the leaves that were already rotten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.