The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Often plants get yellow when they're getting too much light.

really? just because of too much light? thats the first i hear of that :O makes sence they burn trough their nutrients faster with more light..

anyway..
i'm using normal room lights with a reflector for 14 hours/day, for emersed that doesn't seem that much at all?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I think yellowing can be from lack of Nitrogen, and/or possibly Iron.

I'm not too knowledgeable on emersed grown plants, but maybe humidity has something to do with it, or too little or too much water? Have no idea really, just trying to "help" haha.

With the larger plant mass and/or faster growth rates, it does make sense it could have depleted the nutrients much quicker than the rest.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think yellowing can be from lack of Nitrogen, and/or possibly Iron.

I'm not too knowledgeable on emersed grown plants, but maybe humidity has something to do with it, or too little or too much water? Have no idea really, just trying to "help" haha.

With the larger plant mass and/or faster growth rates, it does make sense it could have depleted the nutrients much quicker than the rest.
fair enough, thats what i figured, i was just hoping it'd be something else :p i dont look forward to changing the potting soil of carpetting plants like that every 2 months lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hehe, hope I'm wrong then! You can still wait for someone with actual experience growing emersed plants chimes in before repotting.

Just throw some Osmocote+ in there! :D
will do, thanks for the feedback though ;)

Odd thing is, right next to the yellow plants is a bit of replanted to start a second culture, it turned yellow too and that is brand new potting soil xD

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think its a humidity problem, i got some staurogyne repens in a pot for almost 2 years and havent seen any deficiencies. Some plants need higher humidity than others. One time i had some plant leaves turn white b/c of excess light.

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
Not sure I've ever seen plant turn yellow because of too much light.

I'd say it looks like a possible fungal issue. Too much water and humidity can encourage fungus to attack and kill plants. Some close up photos might help figure it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.