The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I started a small terrarium and am looking for advice. It's an aqua worx iota (basically a tall cylinder) with UNS controlsoil, a piece of dragon stone, some terrarium plants, a bucephalandra and an anubias nana. The buce and anubias are on the dragon stone. I put water in up to the soil and have the top on it. Since there is no water column, how does the buce and anubias get nutrients? Should I put some of the controlsoil into the cracks of the dragonstone? I've never grown a terrarium before, let alone one with plants I've only ever kept immersed before.

Thanks!
Chi

·
Registered
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
408 Posts
Well what's going in this thing livestock-wise?
Are the roots of these plants in the water or did you make them completely up and expecting humidity to keep them moist? Assuming they are in the water; they will get plenty of CO2 and light, both are slow growers anyway, I would assume that whatever is in the tank will inevitably relieve itself in or near the water. This should add enough to keep them alive. Since there are no fish you shouldn't have to do water changes so you wont be removing nutrients. I get you will from time to time to clean it, but I might put some back in? maybe do little liquid all around fertilizer when you do change the water? again these kind of depend on what is in the tank and how much it's excrements will get into the water.
Never had one, just thinking about these plants and what they usually get dosed with, they're usually fine with just fish eating and pooping without extra help, so I'd say you picked some good starter ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts