The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Anubias barteri tied to a piece of wood. In the LFS, it was sold in a plastic bag. As far as I know, it came from a local farm that grow them emerged or emersed. Also, I am in the tropic, so ambient temperature and humidity are more or less tropical.

When I brought it home, it looks dried and wrinkled. I thought it has been out of the water for too long. But over time, in some leaves it might got a bit better, but in some leaves, I think it doesn't.

The tank is newly setup. Substrate is Seachem Fluorite, and I just dose Seachem Flourish comprehensive when I put the plant in. The plant has been in the tank of 2-3 days.

What is happening here? Too much light? Too dry? Or the plant is just acclimating? What should I do here?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks a little dehydrated to me. However, it may simply be adjusting. You could wait it out and see if you get new growth.

I think they like very high humidity. Is this an open top tank? If so you might try covering the tank with a piece of glass or acrylic. You mentioned that you are in the tropics so ambient humidity should be pretty high already. Since you've only had the plant 2-3 days, if it were me I'd wait it out a little longer before taking action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.