The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly 10 minutes ago I found one of my large amanos upside down in the middle of my tank. He was still moving

I immediately took him out of my big community tank into my high kH and high gH desktop tank for isolation. This small tank has snails and other shrimp in it. It's my dedicate shrimp tank

When I put him in there I was a sort of long thing moving out of him and disappearing into the substrate.

I don't know what to do. I want to save him, but he's just sitting there twitching upside down right now

What do I do about him and the supposed parasite that came out of him???

Bump: Update the little worm thing is coming out of the substrate every now and then, I'm trying to catch it with tongs

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
suggest scoop the worm up with the surrounding gravel using a net, as for the shrimp i would get it out of the tank too and into a bowl of water in case its hosting any more alien chest bursters..it aint isolation if it's not alone in there...

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
If you can remove that worm, that would be my top priority. See if you can get a photo and I'm sure we can ID. In the future bear in mind that it's a really risky proposition to move something clearly sick to a community tank. Even a bowl or specimen container would work (and be safer), not to mention any parameter changes which shrimp don't suffer well. But my biggest concern right now would be your tank you moved him to, not the shrimp. He's almost surely a goner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.