The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a community tank been running for some time. All fish were looking fine. Among them, I have 2 panda cory's.

I introduced 4 more today. In introducing them, I took 2 hours pouring 1 cup of tank water into their bag every 15 min. to ease the transition. I'm running Co2, the pet store is not - so I was worried about shock.

All 4 panda's are alive but barely. They're floating upside down. There is a bouancy problem.

What's wrong? Please help ASAP.

I have turned Co2 off. Turned the air bubller on. All these are usually done by timer. They're in a fry net with the bubbler inside.

Please help!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm checking parameters immediately and posting.

pH is LOW at 6.0
Amonia is 0
Nitrite is 0.1 ppm
Phosphate 0.25

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Be sure to turn the spray bar up - more turbulence... Maybe dump some fresh water in too. Sounds like classic CO2 overdose. Goodluck!

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you've still got them in a net you're probably just stressing them out even more by limiting the space they're in.

Also, nitrites shouldn't be measurable at all, so you might need to do a couple water changes until you don't see any nitrites.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you thank you thank you. They are doing better, but within a few hours of the oxygen bar turned off, they're back to weightlessness again. I've not attempted to turn the Co2 back on yet. I'll do a water change immediately.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have bred albino corys and I noticed that the young - if there was a significant temp. change would begin to roll around and float. My guess was that their air sac ie. overdeveloped swim bladder - the one they dart to the surface to fill/exchange fresh air perhaps expanded due to higher temp. and increased their bouyancy. After a while, and a bit of burping they settle down and seem no worse for wear.....
If you have done a water change depending on the temp. they may drift again - but it is important to get your nitrite down
Sue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts