The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 3 weeks ago i put 6 neon tetras in a tank and I couldnt get them to eat anything for a week, Sooo, wanting to keep the size of the fish down I got some ember tetras and they eat anything. worked out great.. the neons went to competing for food and all is gud now..

these ember tetras are pretty cool. fun to watch and great tank mates.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi brooksie..

yeah, if I had known about these I would of gone with all embers.. really are fun to watch

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Embers have always been one of, if not my favorite, of all the tetras.
When they mature, are well cared for & comfortable with their surroundings & tank-mates if any, they take on the most beautiful orange/rust coloration.

I've kept them in 2 separate tanks, one with CPD's (celestial pearl danios /galaxy rasboras), and the other with 3 types of Boraras - both were very nice displays.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Embers have always been one of, if not my favorite, of all the tetras.
When they mature, are well cared for & comfortable with their surroundings & tank-mates if any, they take on the most beautiful orange/rust coloration.

I've kept them in 2 separate tanks, one with CPD's (celestial pearl danios /galaxy rasboras), and the other with 3 types of Boraras - both were very nice displays.
How u like the CPD's ?? I have looked at em several times. I am not a fan of zevra danios. but the CPD's look awesome

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
CPD's are awesome, especially if you provide them with a reasonably well-planted tank, so they feel comfortable having some hiding areas, as they can be shy at first until they feel comfortable with their surroundings (and tank-mates).
And you'll be particularly rewarded and amazed when they get larger and more mature - at which time their coloration becomes really breath-taking !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CPD's are awesome, especially if you provide them with a reasonably well-planted tank, so they feel comfortable having some hiding areas, as they can be shy at first until they feel comfortable with their surroundings (and tank-mates).
And you'll be particularly rewarded and amazed when they get larger and more mature - at which time their coloration becomes really breath-taking !
cheers mate, next purchase i think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts