The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going for an Amazonian River Bank setup here....The supplies will be here within a few days, and it will be setup as soon as the Manzanita sold by PC1 shows up :icon_bigg

I got a heck of a deal on the tank...Picked it up in NYC for $100, and it came with a 2x24w T5HO Nova Extreme Fixture and flourite black sand. Although I've recently decided against using the Nova fixture (I decided to stay low light) it was a deal I couldn't pass up! Plus I could always turn it into a high tech tank later...

Here's the specs of the tank....

Tank

-ADA 60-P
-3D Rock Background

Lighting

- Marineland Double Bright LED Fixture
~12 LED's total, 600 Lumens
~Beautiful Shimmer effect
~Built in Moonlights

Filtration

-RENA XP2

Stand

-Wood
-Open Style
-Custom LED Accent Lighting

Substrate

-Leslie's Brand Pool Filter Sand

Driftwood

-Manzanita from PC1 here in the Swap and Shop section

Plants, if any, and fauna are still up in the air at the moment, but the specs will be updated when I decide what I want...I don't have any real pics yet as I'm still waiting for supplies and don't want to give away too much, so this will have to hold you over until then :icon_smil

0338 ~ New ADA Aquarium

This will be my second aquarium setup in the house at the moment. In case you haven't seen it, the link to my 40B is in my signature below...

Stay tuned for updates!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, thanks guys...it looks like the filter will be here tomorrow, and everything else will arrive on Saturday. Then I just have to wait for the driftwood to show up. Last time it took about 10 days, so I expect it to be here about Thursday of next week, then maybe I can show you the actual results lol....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Damn, those does look nice. I hope you are getting the one that I think you're getting. Lol.

Thanks for the info. I'm not doing it just yet so you're good. Maybe in 2-3months time perhaps. I want to see your first.

Subscribe

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where are you getting that 3d bg from? I'm interested in getting one for my 60p also.
Damn, those does look nice. I hope you are getting the one that I think you're getting. Lol.

Thanks for the info. I'm not doing it just yet so you're good. Maybe in 2-3months time perhaps. I want to see your first.

Subscribe
Hah probably not the one you're thinking. This one is neither complex nor pricey, so yeah, probably not some super awesome cool background your thinking of lol...

I wonder if you can hide stuff behind the 3D background....hurry up elmo...me wants to looky
Nope, its a "solid" material, so I can't hide anything behind it, wish I could though...

And you're telling me! I must have checked the tracking page on my fedex order 52 times today...still hasn't changed for a while....still says its pretty far away.....hoping Saturday is accurate.....or maybe the reason it hasn't updated is because they've been so busy getting it here extra fast, and it'll be delivered tomorrow! (Yeah right lol...)

Not that it matters much, driftwood probably won't be here till late next week anyways :icon_conf

For fauna, I've been thinking oto's, some beckfords pencilfish, and well, thats all I got for now lol....anybody have any ideas on a fish that stays relatively small, like a dwarf variety of some kind, thats also flashy/colorful? I'm looking for a display fish/pair of fish, and I'm not finding anything. I liked the pearl gouramis but they're native to asia and I think the tank is too small for a pair of GBRs...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For some reason, I was thinking the background was made of foam. Apparently after checking, its not....I'm not sure how much depth it has, but if it has even a small amount, I'll definitely be making caves! I'd say I'd make a small tunnel system, but then I would NEVER NEVER NEVER be able to get all the fish out if needed lol....so if possible, I'll stick to caves....

This just got more exciting lol, caves = awesome!

EDIT: It appears to be flat on the back....I could still make caves by placing the background farther from the back of the tank, but I don't think I will since I'm already tight on tank depth (only 12" of depth)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those new rice fish look cool. Oryzias woworae. Wouldn't a biotope limit you to the fish to the region you're representing though? Or are you just going biotope in looks and water parameters?
Yeah, I'm trying to go biotope in the fish too, I'm pretty sure pencilfish and the otos are from the amazon. I was saying I like the pearl gouramis but they wont fit since theyre from the asian region :icon_conf

1 - 20 of 317 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.