The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have been away for a while. Life happens. A few months ago, when the Southern US was in an extended deep freeze, I experienced electrical issues in my shrimp room. I am the guy that has to use heaters for shrimp tanks in the winter time due to living in an old house without central climate control. Our lows were in the negatives or single digits for about a week and I lost 3 colonies and nearly 3 more. I am currently adding more tanks and doing some cycling. I have a large air pump that runs all of the sponge filters. Since I am adding tanks, I am adding more sponges, so the need for another multi-output valve comes into play. So. I ordered one, The back of the package lists one of the features as, "Made by copper electroplating process, rust resistant." The valve is chromed. My question is this: What is the general consensus of TPT shrimpers about the possibility of copper from the valve being introduced into my shrimp tanks via the sponge filter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.