The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I need a timer so that I can press a button and it turns on and or off for just a few mins.
This would be perfect but the lowest setting is too long at 15min. Timer
I don't want to have to hard wire it if I don't have to. Anyone know of a product like this that I can set by the min?
Thanks,
Fishroom Bum

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Hi All,
I need a timer so that I can press a button and it turns on and or off for just a few mins.
This would be perfect but the lowest setting is too long at 15min. Timer
I don't want to have to hard wire it if I don't have to. Anyone know of this product?
Thanks,
Fishroom Bum
Highly suggest getting a smart plug. You can set them up with amazon echo to have a delay turn off. If you don't want to go with a smart plug though this is a more traditional option.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pefect, thanks everyone. No more turning on the water to refill a tank, the doorbells rings and then I realize the water has been running for 5 mins. too long. This has happened to me before and I had a little flood.
Are you refilling from a tap or using a barrel and pump? I use this irrigation timer on my outdoor tap for my pond - it includes a manual function where I can select, like, 1-2 minutes or whatever, hit “manual” and it will turn on the water for that amount of time.

https://www.amazon.com/CROSOFMI-Pro...Large+Screen/IP65-Black&qid=1614470134&sr=8-1

·
Registered
734 Posts
+1 for Smart Plug. I use Alexa and just say " Feed fish". That triggers a routine that turns off my pump for 8 minutes and then turns it on again.

I can also say "Turn off pump" and it will turn it off for 1.5 hours(and then back on) for a water change just incase I forget to say " Turn on pump". The Alexa routine also reminds me " Did you add Prime" since that it a big deal when using tap water for changes. Lots of options. I favor Kasa plugs.

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Pefect, thanks everyone. No more turning on the water to refill a tank, the doorbells rings and then I realize the water has been running for 5 mins. too long. This has happened to me before and I had a little flood.
XP Aqua has some really great products. I currently have this and it has been working perfectly for atleast 6 months now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.