The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a bit late but anyways...
I bought an Electric Blue Ram from the LFS on the 5th of December. I drip- acclimated it for an hour and released it. For the first five days, it was eating and acting normal, but afterwards something happened. Its fins are clamped, hides most of the time with the panda cories, but still comes up to eat. I thought that it's stressed but I don't think so. I really need some help on figuring out what's wrong with it, please help me. Is the temp to low, is the pH to high?

Tank size: 24 gallons
pH:7.0
Temperature: 75 degrees celsius
Tankmates: 2 Panda cories, 1 otocinclus, 2 cherry barbs, 3 rummy nose tetras, 1 Electric Blue Ram

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yes your temp is a little low for rams but I doubt that's what is causing his clamped fin. I would just increase temp and do a couple large water changes for now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Rams in general are rather sensitive towards high nitrates. Test your other water parameters and let us know what you have. Drip acclimating for an hour is a bit of a stretch i think. If the fish was healthy at the store and doing well for an extended period of time i would just temperature acclimate him for 15-20 minutes assuming you have acceptable water parameters in your tank. Most healthy fish adjust just fine under the circumstance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts