The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
he will probably bully them pretty hard. how heavily planted is the tank? try it and if he's too much you can always move someone

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He/she? is 9 mos & so far, perfect. Was in a community tank, w 2 Angels, etc until about 2 weeks ago & no issues. Now in tank w Severum (best buds) & 2 plecos. These are current & one from when I first got him/her.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
he’s gorgeous. I’ve read electric blue Dempseys have health problems similar to long fin varieties of basically anything. So I’m hesitant to get one for when I eventually have space for an Oscar and friends.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I'm fairly certain he's made it past the fragile mark, he seems hardy, & doesn't hide (never has). He's actually quite interactive. I got him at a very reputable all aquatics store. Be careful with Oscar's. They are very aggressive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh yeah I know. They’re always my favorite when I go to the lfs. I’ve seen they go well with Dempseys as long as you don’t have too much of a size difference starting out. I think my next project will just be German rams or maybe another dwarf cichlids, maybe blood Jewels. I’m limited to nano tanks in my apartment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts