The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this 1 gallon vase at Ross for 3 bucks and saw potential. A little dirt, a little moss a, couple of stem plants and one :fish:
I did have a cherry shrimp in with the betta. He ended up as lunch. Lesson learned. Perhaps a ghost shrimp would be a better choice. The moss and red ludwigia seem to be doing fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
looks like the BioMaxx Nano Hang-On Aquarium Filter for Desktop/Betta/Small Fish Tanks have 3 of them and at one time had one on my 1 betta gallon bowl. its now on his 3 gallon tank. great little filters with flow adjustment. you can find them on ebay for 11.95

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another great think about the filter is that it's super quiet. It houses a small handfull of bio rings, a course sponge and a fine sponge. I got the idea about the light from another TPT member. It's called the Jansjo. Ikea sells them for around $15. Click on "Jansjo" link for a review about the light.

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
2 great finds -> 1 happy betta.
Pretty neat setup and a handsome guy inside :)

v3

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another great think about the filter is that it's super quiet. It houses a small handfull of bio rings, a course sponge and a fine sponge. I got the idea about the light from another TPT member. It's called the Jansjo. Ikea sells them for around $15. Click on "Jansjo" link for a review about the light.

I have that light. It is a great light. As reviewed on AMZ, it can flicker and dim at times and I just override the timer and turn it on and off a few times and it is fine. Something to do with a poor switch mech. I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts