The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished upgrading my 20g tall to this 30g long and wanted to share some pictures.

Tank:
30g AGA
Eheim 2213
Coralife 2x96w 6700k
Pollen glass diffuser
Co2 drop checker

Substrate:
1st layer....ADA Powersand special S
2nd layer....ADA TourmalineBC
3rd layer.....ADA Aquasoil amazonia 4-5"

Fauna:
10 Gold White Clouds
6 Koi Angelfish (4 to be removed when ready)
7 Gold Apisto. Cacatuoides Triple Red
12 Amano shrimp
3 Dwarf puffers (1 to be moved)
5? Niger O-cats (soon to be added)

Flora:
Rotala sp. colorata
Rotala sp. green
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala Macranda
Ludwiga Arcuata
Ammania Gracilis
Limnophila Aromatica
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Pogostemon helferi
Blyxa japonica
Java Fern
Narrow leaf Java fern
Java Fern "windelov"
Fissiden
Red Tiger Lotus

Photo period:
96w 7hrs
192w 1.5hrs Noon burst

dose EI along with seachem
50-60% wc weekely

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nice tank!
gotta love the blingin gold trippple reds!
the cacatuides, amanos and dwarf puffers are kinda not compatible. first, a cockatoo can eat a shrimp easy, but i think they will be OK together. but, if a cockatoo gets a craving for a green pea, the puffer and cichlid will die. the apistogramma cacatuides has a HUGE mouth for it's size, so i'd be carefull.
the dwarf puffer is NOT a community fish, quite the opposite. now, there are a bunch of these puffers that are rather peacefull(mine included), but still, it may snap one day and kill everything(very capable too).

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone.

The dwarf puffer is really happy in there swimming through all the bush hunting for snails.

The amanos are not that important and if they get eaten it's fine by me.
The puffers seem to get along with everyone other than the one little puffer and I have had them for about a month now. The tank stocking right now is not permanent and in the baby stages till everything sorts itself out.

Right now I am leaning towards the apistos, white clouds, amanos and o-cats but we'll see how it all goes.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yea, the puffers would be best in a species, or dedicated tank, and you could put 3 in a ten as long as they like each other okay.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

The fissiden is tied to a piece of driftwood and was really nice looking in my other tank but now its making a come back an excel overdose.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I agree with the others, your tank looks alot bigger than a 30! At first glance without reading i thought it was a 55. Plants look healthy and your fish do too.
I have had dwarf puffers in the past and mine did very well with community fish. Now if your not feeding them then theres a different issue. I notice once i skipped a few meals my puffers would tend to get grumpy, but all aside they(in my opinion) are just fine with others as roommates.

Do you have a wild zebra pleco? I have yet to find someone in San Antonio, beside ME :biggrin: that has a true wild zebra pleco. I got an offer the other day for $700, but my pal is priceless!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with the others, your tank looks alot bigger than a 30! At first glance without reading i thought it was a 55. Plants look healthy and your fish do too.
I have had dwarf puffers in the past and mine did very well with community fish. Now if your not feeding them then theres a different issue. I notice once i skipped a few meals my puffers would tend to get grumpy, but all aside they(in my opinion) are just fine with others as roommates.

Do you have a wild zebra pleco? I have yet to find someone in San Antonio, beside ME :biggrin: that has a true wild zebra pleco. I got an offer the other day for $700, but my pal is priceless!
Thanks for the comments!

My zebras are F1, do you have a colony or just one? are there zebras available at all in SanAntonio? if you have a lead on some I would be intrested in buying a few more to add to my 5.

·
Registered
930 Posts
thanks for the update! Tank is amazing, and looking awsome!
I only have one true zebra L46 or F1, dont know if its wild or captive bred, bought it a few years ago.

I have yet to see one here in San Antonio again.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the compliments/replies..

Wanted something different in this tank so I went with the Oto-Niger's, glad someone else thinks it was a good idea.

PeteyPob, you plan on breeding? wouldn't want that zebra to go to waste so to speak.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.