The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now as I understand it, overdosing ferts does no harm to the fish in the tank.

So, instead of putting in a certain ammount of ferts each day, could I not put in what I need for the whole week after my weekly water change?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
i don't think putting a whole lot of fert, in one day to cover for the other days would be good, what about the days you don't put ferts the plants have nothing to eat, and wont be that good looking

and what about algae, that would be Azz load of Nutrients in one day, and the plants will not be able to use it all up

I'm using the ei method i don't know about you
but if you didn't eat and just ate alot on Sunday, you wouldn't be growing

if thats what your trying to say

·
Registered
890 Posts
Now as I understand it, overdosing ferts does no harm to the fish in the tank.

So, instead of putting in a certain ammount of ferts each day, could I not put in what I need for the whole week after my weekly water change?
You are confusing the "overdosing" concept involved in the Estimative Index. The reason why the word "overdosing" is used with EI is that dosing extra ferts in your tank on a daily regiment over a weekly period will not harm the fish since you are changing the water every week. Spreading out the dosing over a daily regiment ensures that the plants will have a consistent supply of ferts and at the same time the inhabitants don't go through shock by all of a sudden having a weeks worth of ferts dumped in one day.

One of the EI method's core methodology's is the daily regiment of dosing. There is a reason why you dosing macros and micros on different days, etc.

So in other words, please don't try it :)

-Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts