The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really quick question for you guys. I have a planted tank that due to external reasons asn't been dosed in over a month. I have an EI ix (micro/macro) that has been sitting under the tank for the same period of time.

The Ferts have evaporated a little but I'm wondering if I should mix up another batch or is the EI mix I already have good to go?

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I would shake well, and use what you have mixed. If you think some evaporation has happened they you might dose a little bit less (perhaps 90%) and see what sort of test results that gives you.

If it was in a sealed bottle, though, there should not have been any evaporation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Diana

The looks to be about a cm (Maybe 1/2 a cm) of evaporation but if there isn't any known detrimental effect of dosing with EI ferts that have sat for a month then I'll use them and keep a close eye on algae. I always dose a little less than is recommended so because I don't have a heavily planted tank as yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.