The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm using an EI dosing regiment for my 20 gallon tank, but I saw in another thread that dosing should be cut back for tanks that have low-medium light and/or reduced photo periods. I have a Finnex Ray 2 that's raised to low-medium light levels, but the surface of my tank is probably 75-80% covered by frogbit, which reduces the lighting levels even further. I also only use a 6 hour photo period. Does anyone think I should cut back on my EI dosing? I've only been dosing for about 3 weeks and haven't noticed any issues with algae although I think my ferts may have killed off my 2 ghost shrimp. The fish and plants, however, are doing fine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before my lighting changed I dosed 1/2 all the amounts but only once per week. Worked perfect for me.
I think I'm going to try going with half doses on a regular EI schedule. I'm low light right now because I have frogbit covering most of the surface of my tank. I let the frogbit take over after having some algae issues, but this is before I started dosing macros. I want to section off the frogbit to just a third of the tank and see how the rest of the tank does under more intense lighting. I'm hoping that my rotala and water wisteria will take off under the more intense lighting and better ferts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.