The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want some clarification. I have been using seachem product and would like to try dry fert. For EI dosing, if I get the Macro Micro nutrient mix and dose daily according to dosing instruction here http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/index.asp?Option1=infopage3 Is this all I need for daily dosing? Also, I don't know how long does 2 cups last for 20Gal tank, can I mix more according to the instruction and store it for long term use, any problem?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've used this before, It worked well for me, does not contain phosphate so I would also pickup some KH2PO4... dont dose the two together or close in time because when combined a particulate can form. It's more of a minimalist approach. Also take in consideration light and co2, a low light no co2 tank may have enough phosphate from feeding the fish.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are u still using it? Did you dose daily or dose a little more to reduce the frequency like 3 times a week? I have diy co2, its been good and pearling. I have fish in the tank, so without P and simply using the mix, is it good enough? I guess I will have to experiment with it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I dosed daily... I started out at 1ml then moved up to 4ml daily over a few weeks. after about 4 weeks I started seeing GSA... since i had to order phosphate, I ordered the others as well in the dosing sticky.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
One indication that you need to dose phosphates is the appearance of green spot algae on the glass. If you have that, it usually means you aren't providing enough phosphate for the plants. Another indication is when you do dose some or more phosphate, the plants grow better. If that happens you need to dose it. Adding more of any fertilizer shouldn't improve the plant growth, if you already have enough of every nutrient.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I probably should just get them separately KN03, KH2P04, and micro, and follow the dosing instructions. KN03 and KH2P04 can be dosed together?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.