The Planted Tank Forum banner

EI Dosing questions

745 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  happybats 
#1 ·
Hey, searched the forum and I know there are a lot of threads about this but was just hoping to talk to someone really quickly.

Basically, I have a 33g tank. I've found two dosing calculators online and they don't match up. Why is that? I put in the same parameters in both. I know that EI is supposed to be simple and generalizing but still, since it is my first time doing this I want to know I'm on the right path.

Also, I do not want to invest in a gram scale. I'd like to use teaspoons or something similar and make weekly batches in liquid form, dosing my aquarium 5ml a day (over whatever). Since I'm terrible at math if someone could help with that as well I would be super thankful!!

#2 ·
If you use Wet's calculator for dosing, you'll probably be fine.

There are inherently some differences in calculators because of the densities they assume for the various chemical compounds.

For the math, the calculator should also be able to handle that. If not, just take the one time dose, multiply by (say) 10, and then add 10 times that amount to a bottle of water.

If your bottle of water contains 100 mL of water, and you are putting in 10 doses, then each liquid dose will be 10 mL. You can calculate it in a similar manner for other dosage volumes.

#4 ·
Wet's calculator can calculate the solutions for you by selecting solutions. Using "the result of my dose" selection you can measure with teaspoons. The numbers below are what I came up with for 33 gallons. Each is mixed in 500 ml of water. Each dose is 10 ml for a full EI dose.

KNO3 15 tsp.
KH2PO4 2 tsp.
Plantex CSM +B 11 tsp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.