The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hear so much about bad customer support I want to post about a positive experience . I had a Ehiem/Jaeger heater go out over the last weekend and contacted their support . After answering a few painless questions they are sending me a new heater . I have always liked their heaters and have some that are well over the 3 year warranty period and this is the first one ever to die . Just thought I would tell something good about a companies customer service .

Reactions: SwissCheeseHead

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Aqueon has great customer service. I told them that my flow valve for the water changer broke, and all they did was ask for a picture, they sent me a new one via 2-day shipping. Its refreshing to hear a review about customer service that is good and not a massive pain to deal with.

Reactions: Leeatl

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think the reason we don't hear about good customer service is because that should be the norm, not the exception. But I agree, it feels good to have someone follow up with you to make sure you're taken care of. As a matter of fact, I just received some RAOK cherry shrimp, and the person that sent it to me followed up and made sure the shrimp were ok, even though I didn't pay him for them. Talking to you @Turningdizzy :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think the reason we don't hear about good customer service is because that should be the norm, not the exception. But I agree, it feels good to have someone follow up with you to make sure you're taken care of. As a matter of fact, I just received some RAOK cherry shrimp, and the person that sent it to me followed up and made sure the shrimp were ok, even though I didn't pay him for them. Talking to you @Turningdizzy :)
AWW, shucks! Thanks! <<I don't really talk like that. Anyhow, Marineland has been great for me. Quick and cordial. I wonder if the fact that the money that we spend for our hobby is budgeted by most as "entertainment" expenses has anything to do with it. I am sure that they know that we can take our "fun" dollars elsewhere if need be. In my experience a lot of times I get the best service from recreational, hospitality, and such type businesses. Owner/operators usually give great service also. Competent training from, and positive interaction with, management also goes a long, long way to keeping the folks that deal directly with the consumer effective.(I don't see a soapbox icon I can use, haha)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good point Turningdizzy . I have another issue with a cheap instant read wine thermometer that worked well then just died . The seller just sent me the warranty info from the manufacturer which was ...pack it up and send it to us and we will evaluate the claim . I can't speak directly to the manufacturer and I am not going to spend as much on shipping as the thing cost to send it back to them...lol I am an electronics tech , so I just reflowed all the solder joints and now it works again . I will not buy any of their products again though .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.