The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends,
i am new to the hobby .I am creating a Paludarium and the level of water is pretty low ..around 15 cm high.I have an EHIEM 250 filter.When i am trying to create a siphon by sucking out air from the outlet pipe ,the water is not able to come all the way back into the tank.Is the low level of water is creating this issue ? Also i switched on the filter with the outlet pipe half filled and it worked,but there is a small sound coming from the filter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, you can fill the filter with water and turn it on. just connect a hose to the outlet and fill it till water comes out the other end back into the tank. this way there is no air lock when you turn on the filter

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Don't need to suck the siphon at all, yeah, it tells you that but no, fill the water to the brim, lock the intake so when you put the top lid into the canister, no excess water is flowing out from that tube, make it overflow from the top. You will need to open the lid tube so water can flow from it too, and then close the two together. This way when you turn it on, it'll have little to no air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts