1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I looked into the 3E when it came out. For me the heater of the 2126 was more important than the electronics, as I prefer to keep the amount of items in the tank as low as possible. Eventually I'm going to go to an external CO2 reactor. Then I'll only have the 2 filter pipes coming in. I wish Eheim would just bite the bullet and combine all of the best features of the Pro line- use the heater from the 2126/28, the wet dry of the 2227/29 and the eletctronics of the 2076/78. Yeah it'll have a $500.00 + list price, but I love gadgets. If it earned the same reputution as the rest of the Eheims, I'd wait for a sale and make the leap.
Also, if one of the cannister manufacturers would step up and design a unit that had an internal CO2 reactor that allowed for "plug and play" setup, they'd sell a bunch.

ARE YOU LISTENING, EHEIM?:hihi:

Tommy

·
Registered
974 Posts
oh gosh, a filter like that and with a built in reactor and heater will cost the same amount as the aquarium setup!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
He is right though, I would buy one as well

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I forgot one thing- a built in U/V unit. So we need the heater, electronics, wet/dry, CO2 reactor & U/V all in one cannister. So it'll be the size of a 30 gallon trash can... so what? You got yourself one hekuva filter!

Tommy

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot one thing- a built in U/V unit. So we need the heater, electronics, wet/dry, CO2 reactor & U/V all in one cannister. So it'll be the size of a 30 gallon trash can... so what? You got yourself one hekuva filter!

Tommy
LOL. On a more serious note, I think they might be coming out with a heated version in the near future. Just like the 2080 model, now they have the 2180 with a built-in 500W heater. I'd imagine that within the next six months they'll have a 2176 and 2178.

Here's a video of all the neat features:

http://www.eheim.de/eheim/movies/EHEIM_prof3e_Highlights_USA.wmv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts