The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I decided on a pond pump, Laguna Max Flo, for my tank this time. Rio Hyperflo was in the running too. Search google for reef central threads, those people have a lot of discussions on quiet pumps.

Have you cushioned the pump and anything vibrating? That can make a huge difference in the noise level.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I bought a Quiet One 1200 pump. It was anything but. And they use o-rings on their threaded barbs in/out. Poor design. I would avoid.

Supreme Mags - noisy until they break in a little, then tolerable but not silent.

Only experience I have with FW pumps.

When I did reef, I used Japanese Iwakis and Little Giants. Both excellent for their purposes.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I bought a Quiet One 1200 pump. It was anything but. And they use o-rings on their threaded barbs in/out. Poor design. I would avoid.

Supreme Mags - noisy until they break in a little, then tolerable but not silent.

Only experience I have with FW pumps.

When I did reef, I used Japanese Iwakis and Little Giants. Both excellent for their purposes.
Yeah, Quiet Ones... not so quiet. I have a QO3000 on the 75 for return and reactor pump. That thing buzzes all night long in my room. It may be a little better if you don't use hard lines like I prefer, but it's still louder than my Rena XP3. I'd recommend them for use outside a bedroom though, great pumps so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.