The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 of these filters and yesterday I found out that one of them is leaking from the shut off Valve set ,the part that connects the 2 hoses to the pump head.(part # 7444578.) .
It cracked from the base of the barbed outlet ,the reason was :there was some stress on the connection ,I think the hoses were a bit too long and putting pressure there and after 8 months it finally cracked:angryfire

the replacement cost was $43.00 (cdn).Luckily I was home and stopped the filter just in time.
My advice to those who own these filters :tie/tape the hoses to the stand so there is no stress on the shut off valve .

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'd call that manufacturer defect. Bummer cause that part seems to be pretty stout ... Good practice not to have pressure on the couplings anyway, no? Sorry for your PITA... At least you can find the replacement parts.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah, I'd contact Eheim as well. I've had Eheim II's running for quite a while with no problems.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Eheim and got a reply within a few hours saying that they will cover the cost of the part!!!!
I am really impressed with their service.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well ,since I own 2 of these filters ,I asked Eheim to send me the part (to use for the 2nd filter) ,rather than the store reimbursing me.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Eheim is the only canister filter I've ever owned, except the recent XP3 purchase. I have to say that Eheim is worth every penny. I've never had to replace anything. nada. zero. (knock on wood)
I've used them for about three years now (#2222, #2026, #2223) and they are silent, efficient and mechanically sound and reliable. I haven't had the leakage problem you're experiencing, but now I am relieved to hear that they stand by their product as well, rather than giving you the run-around and connecting you to their poor-English-speaking call center (AT&T anyone?) and expect that to be good enough.
You often get what you pay for and Eheim is a prime example.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I emailed Eheim and got a reply within a few hours saying that they will cover the cost of the part!!!!
I am really impressed with their service.
What's their Email address? It's not on the Ehiem Northa America site. They just have a customer service link. When I posted my problem with the thermoccontroller there I never got a response until I phoned Ernesto.

Tommy

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yeah...who the heck do you contact for Eheim service? I just assumed it was bad because, well, it's not really advertised. (Not that that stopped me from ordering a new one or anything.)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is, in my opinion, why its worth paying for an Eheim.

Brian
I have absolutely no regrets buy my 2 Eheim filters,right now I have 6 filters filtering 2 tanks 2 Magnum350 ,2 Fluval 304 ,and tow 2028,if you asked me(of the 3) which one is better a filter overall ,I would say without a doubt Eheim 2028.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts