The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The flow regulator ("On - Off") paddle on my EHEIM 350 Pro 4+ is gradually getting harder and harder to flip over from one position to another. It is clear that soon this plastic paddle will simply break off under the effort. Additionally, the entire hose adapter is getting much more difficult to detach from the filter or attach it back. Apparently, the securing pins in "Off" position do not align well with grooves in filter head.

So, is there a maintenance procedure to restore the proper functionality of that adaptor? Lubricate it perhaps? Or there's no other remedy but just replace the entire assembly?

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
The flow regulator ("On - Off") paddle on my EHEIM 350 Pro 4+ is gradually getting harder and harder to flip over from one position to another. It is clear that soon this plastic paddle will simply break off under the effort. Additionally, the entire hose adapter is getting much more difficult to detach from the filter or attach it back. Apparently, the securing pins in "Off" position do not align well with grooves in filter head.

So, is there a maintenance procedure to restore the proper functionality of that adaptor? Lubricate it perhaps? Or there's no other remedy but just replace the entire assembly?
I have a couple of these filters. For me, I have used silicone grease to lubricate the O rings which made removal of the flow regulator much easier.
As for the On-Off paddle, some silicone grease worked into the ball valve assembly would probably help alot. Vaseline does work, but the silicone grease seems to be more universally accepted.

Reactions: deeda

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a couple of these filters. For me, I have used silicone grease to lubricate the O rings which made removal of the flow regulator much easier.
As for the On-Off paddle, some silicone grease worked into the ball valve assembly would probably help alot. Vaseline does work, but the silicone grease seems to be more universally accepted.
Well, in my case the problem with removal is that the red button on the filter is very hard to press in the first place. It appears to be binding somewhere mechanically. I'd guess that the safety pins do not disengage completely, simply because the paddle no longer reaches the proper "Off" position. I.e. all issues are caused by the paddle (and ball valve) not being able to operate freely.

So, you said you lubricate the valve. How? Do you just spray silicon lubricant into the valve area through the hose connectors? Or do you first take this assembly apart somehow? Is it even disassemblable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.