The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls,

I have a question about Eheim Pro 3e model number 2076. I have this filter on My fish tank and I love it. I would like add the EHEIM PROFESSIONAL 3 INTERFACE to my filter (before I buy it) but I can't figur out how it connects to the filter. I saw a picture on the net that the interface plugs into the top left of the pump head. My device only has one plug in that area and that is for the power transformer. I'm wondering if the interface plugs in there and the transformer plugs into the interface? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, G

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
It looks to me like that is only available for the 2074.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Think it has to do with not outgasing co2 during day and increasing circulation for gas exchange in evening when co2 unnecessary. I had one. It is a great filter, but after a while the "features" didn't prove to have any benefit. I liked the stream function best as the ramp up and down seemed to stir things up nicely, but you could here the motor doing so, so I stopped in short order.

The only "e" feature I thought valuable in the end was the flow indicator. Was good to have a checkpoint to see if you needed maintenance before the usual routine period. Other than that, it was simple on full speed all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think it has to do with not outgasing co2 during day and increasing circulation for gas exchange in evening when co2 unnecessary. I had one. It is a great filter, but after a while the "features" didn't prove to have any benefit. I liked the stream function best as the ramp up and down seemed to stir things up nicely, but you could here the motor doing so, so I stopped in short order.

The only "e" feature I thought valuable in the end was the flow indicator. Was good to have a checkpoint to see if you needed maintenance before the usual routine period. Other than that, it was simple on full speed all the time.
You hit this right on the numbers. This is exactly why I bought it but my biggest fear was them adding some nice upgrades and being stuck with something I was on the fence to begin with. I wanted a unit with a build in heater and now here it is. They also a a program in which to monitor your tank and an app will not be far behind. I'm all about convenience and this new 3e has it but I'm not buying a new one especially since I'll get almost nothing for mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.