The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great News Everyone!!!!

The replacement priming unit o-rings for the Eheim Pro II 2026/2126/2028/2128 can now be purchased at http://www.AtomicRice.com.

-J.

P.S The O-rings are still doing great after I installed them. The Vaseline worked great too, in fact the manufacturer recently told me that any oil based lubricant will work on this material and it has a shelf life of 15 years. Yes, the price has gone up from when I had the group buy only because now a company is handling all the logistics (manufacturing, packaging, shipping, payments, etc). I don't have to do all that anymore and I don't have to deal with all the headache I had from last time. Yes, I get a small fee for consulting, writing up an installation guide, taking pictures of the installation, but the small monetary gain is not enough to quit my day job or file taxes for the amount. I know there will be some of you out there that will say lots of nasty things about the whole thing but that's your opinion, I'm only trying to help out those people who need to fix their filters from damaged o-rings. If you want to buy or not buy the o-rings is all up to you. Like I said above, I'm just here to help those that want to be helped.

**********Original Posting BELOW************

Hey guys,

Some of you know the ordeal that I have been going through with Eheim concerning replacing the o-ring that is housed inside the motor mount and how they expect you to ship the entire top half of the unit back to them in Canada since they won't just simply sell you the needed o-ring when it becomes damaged. You can read the entire thread here with links to pics here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/39650-leaking-eheim-bad-eheim-customer-service.html

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eheim won't release information regarding the o-ring even after asking them for it. They won't even sell you the part for self installation. They MAKE you send in the entire top half of the unit even if you are not under warranty and charge you $10 for the part. Another thing to take into account is that, not only is the size not standard, but the material density is not standard. The material density is softer than standard rubber o-rings as stated by the o-ring manufacturer.

On a side note.. I wrote Michael the company rep who is taking care of the order asking him if we could get a better deal if exceed the minimum order quantity or if we can purchase less than the required quantity and what time period we had. This is what he had to say:

The 2 week wait is no problem at all; the pricing is good for 60 days. Unfortunately this is the lowest price/min that we can offer. If the quantity ends up being higher than 25 there is usually a price break, once you know how many you will need I can re-quote based on that quantity.
Even with the 60 day pricing guarantee I'd like to complete the purchase as soon as possible. If I receive see that at least 20 o-rings have been spoken for by you guys (and I) I will go ahead and purchase the o-rings and the remainder 5 o-rings I will sell on here for those people who missed out on the deal.

Just to let you all know that I'm not making any money whatsoever from this deal, I am just trying to pass along a great deal that I know one of these days you will need when one day you will find water leaking out from the top of your eheim canister, just like what happened to me, and you find yourself S.O.L from any EHEIM help.

Group Buy: $3.75 plus postage Vs. Eheim: $10 (if out of warranty) plus shipping to Canada and shipping back to you (btw read the thread I linked above on HOW they want you to ship your unit back to them). You decide.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
There are LFS's where I am at that stocks a lot of eheim parts and it's fairly reasonable compared to what you are offering.

Has anyone tried to get their LFS to get them the parts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are LFS's where I am at that stocks a lot of eheim parts and it's fairly reasonable compared to what you are offering.

Has anyone tried to get their LFS to get them the parts?
As far as I know, Eheim does not sell this particular part anywhere other than from their own repair facility. I have scoured around looking for the o-ring and have yet to find an LFS that can obtain it for me. If you can get please let us know, otherwise this is the only way you can get this particular o-ring.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'll take 4 as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Poohbee

I'm interested to know if that o-ring will fit the 2222 professional? If so, I'm interested in participating in your group buy. Is the result of a bad oring the source of all the bubbles being pumped into my tank?

Marc

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm interested to know if that o-ring will fit the 2222 professional? If so, I'm interested in participating in your group buy. Is the result of a bad oring the source of all the bubbles being pumped into my tank?

Marc

Hey Marc,

Take a look at these pictures I took of my Eheim Eheimpics and compare them to yours and then measure the Inside Diameter and Cross Section of the o-ring and compare it to the measurements listed above that was provided by the manufacturer.

Bubbles being pumped into the tank could mean you have a leak somewhere in your system (hose connections, o-ring, canister rubber seal, or something you have attached inline to your hose. It's hard to determine where the leak is unless you manually check each area. The only reason why I found my leaks was because I left my filter off for a couple hours to clean the tank and when I came back I saw water on the stand. I tried to find the leak but was not successful. After investigating mroe I saw that whenever I would tip the canister to either side water would come out from the top where the hand holds are.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok Great!. I have 20 people total so far. I'll give those of you who are still not sure if you want to order or not until Thursday night, March 8th to post on here since it takes 9-11 weeks to make and complete the order. I would hope to have more than 25 o-rings so we could get a better deal.

Thank you for all of you who are already in the group buy, I'll PM all of you with info and I will also post on here with updates and what not. Please try not to back out of the deal. Thank you again.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Count me in for 2. I only have one 2128, but I want to keep a spare just in case.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow.. This is great! So far we have exceeded the minimum order at 26 total as of Monday, March 5. If we order more than 25 the price per unit will keep going down. I'll ask the company rep about a bigger discount when I place the order on Friday morning when I go to work, so get your orders in by Thursday night, March 8th. I'll post and PM you all with Payment instructions in the near future.

It seems like we have quite a few Eheim 21xx/20xx users here that we haven't seen before and who just registered to the forum in order to get in on the group buy. Well, welcome to all you lurkers =)

·
Registered
176 Posts
i spoke with eheim on the phone the other day... they say you are unable to cjange the ring by yourself and it needs an expert to do it - i told them they were talking crap - so they hung up!!!

i would like 2 rings if it is possible for someone to send them to switzerland???

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.