The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they're great and everything but good grief....how about a freaking manual or some sort of instruction????!!

I near made a 10 gallon mess on my floor trying to prime and activate this filter for the first time.

:mad:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you YOUTUBE. And also thank you to those that mentioned it in this thread. Yes, the videos aren't great but pictures/videos are worth a million words (that would be 999,990 more words than the Eheim booklet that came with it).

BTW, does anyone know where I can get a shorter spraybar for a 2213 model? The stock spraybar is just to long for the position of the tank I want to place it in. I guess a new lily pipe set all together would be great as well. Would love to hear any suggestions out there...

·
Registered
126 Posts
... BTW, does anyone know where I can get a shorter spraybar for a 2213 model? The stock spraybar is just to long for the position of the tank I want to place it in. I guess a new lily pipe set all together would be great as well. Would love to hear any suggestions out there...
You can simply saw (or cut) off the unwanted length.

I use Eheim's installation sets 1 and 2. Set 2 is the spray bar assembly. What is good about them is that they are sectional. You can increase the length or shorten them as needed by simply adding or removing a section. They come in two sizes: 12mm/16mm and 16mm/22mm. You will need the 12mm/16mm sets for your 2213. You can install either set singly or install both of them. These aren't the Eheim green color. They are a pale smoke color. They are easy to remove and take apart for maintenance. You can purchase more of the intake sections if needed. If you need a spray bar section, just drill holes in the intake section.
http://www.eheimna.com/products/detail/23/category
http://www.eheim.com/en_GB/products/accessories/installation_installationsSets

·
Registered
219 Posts
Those are really freaking cool, I think 'm going to have to get some

As for the OP, you make me laugh....yes, the curse of 2213s is crappy instructions and frustation. Isn't fun to be part of the club!

·
Registered
149 Posts
+1 on sawing the spray bar. Use a hacksaw and cut it to the length you need. Try to not cut through one of the holes though. Then just put in the cap on the end. Custom fit for your tank!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts