The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two Eheims 2217 for my 50 gallon tank that has two 2.5” red eared sliders. Love the canisters. Super easy to maintain and since I use the additional prefilter for them, it makes my life even easier with cleaning. I just clean the prefilter a every other week and the canisters every six months.

With that said, I’m thinking of getting the smaller Classic 2213 for my 16 gallon Waterbox. It is planted but still adding more plants to the left corner. I currently have three nerite snails in there and want to make this a betta sorority tank with 5-6 females. Currently I have the Seachem Tidal 35 on it. Do you think the Eheim Classic 2213 would be ok. I most likely will have to drill the holes larger on the spray bar to help with the flow. What do you think? Eheim Classic 2213 be ok???

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do the 2215. Just was concerned that it would be to much for a betta sorority even if I drill holes in the spray bar. My tank will have more plants on the left side but it may not be enough to soften the flow for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts