The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
i think you looking for the double tap valve...

i have mine broke a while back...and leak, couldn't use it for a week and canister reeks.

Make sure to NOT over tight that screw, it breaks
you don't have to change the whole thing out..jus that plastic screw thread..ir pretty easy to take off

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have the full schematics on this and they are not listing this individual part.
I have the Valve that screws into this for the intake and out. It is the actual Piece
that you see that Screws into .. They are not easy to remove btw. They have these little Claws that you have to pry apart to dislodge .. Each one is threaded to accept the on and off shut off Valves that go into it..

·
Registered
168 Posts
When you say split does it mean it's cracked? Do you have a picture of it? If it's a hairline crack, you can use superglue as a temp fix. I think you might have to buy the pump head itself as a unit as I can't find anywhere that sells that piece either.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I actually have the full schematics on this and they are not listing this individual part.
I have the Valve that screws into this for the intake and out. It is the actual Piece
that you see that Screws into .. They are not easy to remove btw. They have these little Claws that you have to pry apart to dislodge .. Each one is threaded to accept the on and off shut off Valves that go into it..
hard to say without a pic

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the Picture of Broken Part..

Ok, Had a feeling I'd have to do this. As you can see, it's already broken and I've glued it back using Weldon product.. Pretty hard to believe I can't get this particular part...

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I thought about that. I just don't know why, you couldn't just get that particular part.. I actually Glued it back 2nd time now. With "WELDON" number 16 .......
We'll see how that one works for now.......
Thanks everyone for your input btw !!

·
Registered
844 Posts
here what happen to mine a while back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yDgY86mONwU

there isn't a part for that...i would contact eheim about that part and take some photos because they might send that that broken pieces very fast and all you have to do is snap it right back in place.

I try to lift that pieces out of mine spare parts and it seem you need a tool for some sort..

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have been known to hacksaw apart a spare double tap connector to remove that piece and then push it onto the part I want to repair. Its a tight fit.

So if its the same piece thats on a double tap, its cheaper to buy the double tap and destroy it to retrieve the piece than it is to buy a new pump head.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have been known to hacksaw apart a spare double tap connector to remove that piece and then push it onto the part I want to repair. Its a tight fit.

So if its the same piece thats on a double tap, its cheaper to buy the double tap and destroy it to retrieve the piece than it is to buy a new pump head.
Didn't even think of that....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.