The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on this information - what type of plants could you grow in this tank? Low light only, or would medium be possible?

http://www.eheim.com/products/detail/Aquastyle-9

Tank is 14" tall, light would be approx. 3" from the surface, or 15" from the substrate. I understand that this is a pendant style light, however, my assumption is that Eheim is smart enough to make the beam coverage of the flood fairly sufficient for full tank coverage.

Does anyone have personal experience with this light?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have experience with that particular light, but I have built a number of LED light fixtures. I found awhile back someone had posted that 1W of LED is equivalent to T5 bulb at 2.7W. So 7 x 2.7 = 18.9W / 9 = 2.1 wpg which is a medium light level. I have found with the LED lights that even a medium light level can grow high level plants like glosso or dwarf baby tears. LED light will travel further into the water column vs other light types.

My LFS has one of these tanks setup. It's nice and he grows a number of medium light plants in the tank and they seem to do well.

I myself was considering getting one of these tanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.