The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Alex and I am a student at the University of Central Florida. I have been keeping fish for as long as I can remember and these past few years I've been working more and more with salt water tanks. A few months ago I decided that I wanted to try something new. I found the EHEIM Aquastyle 16L/4G on sale a decided to finally make a shrimp tank! Something I have researched a lot but never committed to. I added my CRS shrimps early this week and couldn't be happier with how they look. Hopefully with frequent W/Cs and testing of parameters I can get these beautiful animals to reproduce in my aquarium!

Setup-
EHEIM Aquastyle 16L/4G with stock lighting and filter
Fluval Shrimp Stratum 4.4LB
Heater- None
Plants: Currently 2x Moss ball, Java Moss. Much more moss on the way but had a delay with shipper, hopefully will arrive early next week.
Shrimp: 15+2 Crystal Red SS Shrimp

Maintenance-
Weekly or Bi-weekly RO/DI water changes of 30% treated with Fluval Mineral Supplement to ~200 TDS.

*Side note on the Fluval line, I decided to go with these initially due to cost/shipping time I will likely try other brands in the future.

Pictures-

Filling it up!

Initial FTS

Room View

Shrimps Arrival

Semi-Current FTS with some plants

CRS SS :D

How I do W/Cs

Hope you enjoyed my thread, I will be updating periodically to keep track of my CRS adventure
-Alex

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the comments, hopefully I will get my plants in early this week!

how much did you pay for those shrimps? it looks like grade SS+
I think with the two extras factored in I got them for around $4ea. Guess that's a good deal?

Nice!

i got the same tank but waiting for a stand to arrive before setting it up..
You'll love it! Super quiet and very sleek looking.

·
I v(^o^)v shrimp
908 Posts
Thank you all for the comments, hopefully I will get my plants in early this week!

I think with the two extras factored in I got them for around $4ea. Guess that's a good deal?

You'll love it! Super quiet and very sleek looking.
i can get $3 each from my location.You bought them from ebay, so you need pay for shipping

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can get $3 each from my location.You bought them from ebay, so you need pay for shipping
Yep shipping was only 12 dollars though which I thought was great! I'm used to shipping fish/corals which have to be overnighted and that becomes a pain at $40 a time. Plus in my area even RCS at stores are 3-4 bucks hate to know what they charge for CRS. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.