The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my Eheim 2211 and have been looking at the aquatic magic lily pipes. They sell a 9mm and 13 mm set (inflow and outflow) but not each one individually.

My question is, if I use the 9/12mm from the outlet on the pump head to a double tap and change the tap going to the tank to a 12/16 so it fits a 13mm outflow, will that effect the flow or will the pump not be able to push the water up with the 12/16mm tubing?

I would like to do it this way because I have an extra set of 12/16 double taps laying around and do not want to buy a diameter changer.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,126 Posts
So from your filter head, you have 9/12 mm tubing, then going to half of a 9/12 mm double tap, and then screwing on the other half of a 12/16 mm double tap?

Are they compatible?

I don't see any problem in using 12/16 mm tubing on the return, but you will probably not have a lot of pressure in the spray bar/lily pipe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's what I was thinking. I am not sure if they are compatible or not. I will have to check when I get home but I would think they are. since the only real difference on them is the ends that the hose connects to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.