The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an Eheim 2217 on my 90g tank, with a 2nd one on the way. After a few days of running, I still hear a light hum/rumble in the room it is in. I have heard reviews say it is dead silent- so do they mean dead silent like nothing can be heard, or just very quiet?

·
Registered
251 Posts
In my case my 2217 is so silent i either need to put my hand on it to feel the vibration or put my head next to it to hear any noise. As the earlier post suggested there is probably air caught in the head. Giving it a shake works and turning the filter off and on tends to "kick" the air out. If it's a repeat problem your intake may be pulling in air or something is wrong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. I just drained it and refilled it, and it is now running at about 1/4 the noise it was before, and I cannot hear it sitting in the room anymore. I'll give it a couple days and keep shaking it some( I had been before, but maybe something wasn't right in it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.