The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Usually Eheim 2213 is good for a 20G....
So how would you think that you are using a 2215 on 10G tank?
I think that migh be too much for a 10G tank.

·
Registered
362 Posts
eh, maybe alittle. I have a 2213 on a 10g, about to upgrade to a 20g and am keeping the 2213. I am not sure how much greater the flow is on the 2215, but worse that could happen is its too much flow and you are forced to face the spray bar at the glass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I run a diy co2 reactor will that affect the flow even a little a bit? And what about lengthning the tube.

·
Registered
429 Posts
In my experience the diy reactor will not decrease flow much. I think the 2213 would best suit your needs. You may have to drill spray bar holes a little bigger to back off flow. I'm not sure if you have seen one in person but a 2213 is quite large. I had one run a 30 gal planted tank with an in-line reactor and no problems.

Have you considered a xp1. I have no experience with rena filstars but I think it would be an option.

riverrat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will this be too much for a 10 gallon?
You can never have too much filtration...:proud: But you will get alot of turbulance and circulation, maybe even rip some plants out if you have the tube vertical.

I use a 2215 in my 30 Gallon tank... Great filter and I can sleep 3 feet away and not hear it....:red_mouth

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have the Eheim 2215. It used to be my friend's, but it was just sitting in his garage so he gave it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts